These configuration settings are required in order to use Paypal with the LeaguePilot Online Registration system. Before configuring these settings, it is assumed that you have already done the following:
- Created a Business/Premier account at Paypal (http://www.paypal.com)
- Added a checking account to the Paypal account, and become "verified" through Paypal's process
Once you have completed the above, you are ready to configure your Paypal account by following the steps below:
1) Set Instant Payment Notification Preferences (required)
- Log in to your Paypal account
- Hover over your name in the top right hand corner of the Paypal site and click on Account Settings
- Click on Website Payments in the left navigation panel
- Locate the item titled Instant Payment Notification and click the Update link next to it.
- Click on the Choose IPN Settings button
- Copy/paste the following web address into the box labeled Notification URL: https://secure.leaguepilot.com/go/ipn/paypal/notify.phtml
- Under IPN Messages, choose Receive IPN messages (Enable)
- Click Save
2) Additional Settings (recommended)
- Return to the Account Settings page.
- Click on Website Payments in the left navigation panel.
- Locate the item titled Website Preferences and click the Update link.
- Under the heading "Auto Return for Website Payments", click the On button.
- In the box below it labeled "Return URL", copy/paste the following: https://secure.leaguepilot.com/go/ipn/paypal/return.phtml
- Scroll down to "Paypal Account Optional" and turn the feature On.